Thursday, June 18, 2009

In the Beginning...


This year we used the History Portfolio along with Tapestry of Grace for our study of ancient history. Rome is scheduled to fall next week, so the girls' portfolios are brimming with a year's worth of work. I thought I'd share some of Gingham's pages here, and if I can talk a Calico into it, I'll post some of her work as well later.

The girls naturally wanted to incorporate some ancient Korean history into their books. This is Gingham's retelling of the myth regarding the founding of Korea. I like to incorporate their writing into the portfolio. This is something I think they'll keep to show their grandchildren, whereas loose papers are likely to be lost or tossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Ordinary Ornament

Took a break from decorating the tree. Returned to find an ornament had attached itself in my absence.