Monday, August 2, 2010

What's in the air?

Today was bathroom cleaning day. Gingham and Calico each have a bathroom they're responsible for and they're usually less than enthusiastic about this unpleasant duty.

Today, after Calico completed her chore, I discovered her in the kitchen, wiping counters, scrubbing the sink, cleaning the range, mopping the floor, loading the dishwasher....????? I was almost speechless with shock and pleasure. Wow.

Then after dinner Mark asked Gingham if, since she'd cleaned her assigned bathroom, she'd like to finish watching the movie they started a couple days ago. Her response:

Do you mind if I clean my room? It's getting kinda dirty and I can't stand it.

Gingham does tend to be the tidy sort, but passing up watching a mystery movie with her dad? Unheard of.

What is happening to my girls? Whatever it is, it's made today a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Ordinary Ornament

Took a break from decorating the tree. Returned to find an ornament had attached itself in my absence.